The Sensory Healthy Church
Equipping believers to welcome, value and integrate sensory needs into corporate worship and the life of the church.
"Come bless the Lord, all you servants of the Lord, who stand by night in the house of the Lord, lift up your hands to the holy place and bless the Lord!" Psalm 134:1
"All nations whom you have made shall come and worship before you O Lord; and shall glorify your name." Psalm 86:9
61% of those surveyed said they avoided church.
We are all sensory beings, however, particularly "sensory” individuals are overstimulated, understimulated, have accessibility issues, are left out, or are fearful of the environment which impacts their engagement in the life of the church.
Do you have members that can't sit still for the service?
Do you know how to create a church that those with sensory issues, a learning disability, Autism, ADHD, or other sensory impacted conditions will feel they belong to?
Would you like your family to come to church together rather than taking it in turns?
Do you have some not wanting to go to children's work or youth group because the noise, bustle and bright lights are overwhelming?
Do you keep individuals out of the main service because they are too disruptive and distracting?
Are you aware there are members of the fellowship who stay away from church because of sensory needs?
This 3 hour online 'On Demand' program is split into bitesize chunks to digest!
It helps fellowships identify the sensory struggles individuals, families and leaders face in corporate worship and in the life of the church, and present solutions according to needs identified, finances and space available to each individual congregation.
A RESOURCE FOR CHURCH LEADERS AND CONGREGATION ALIKE
For leadership, church workers, and church members. The system addresses the sensory aspects of all of us regardless whether we have a diagnosis of Autism, ADHD, Learning Disability, Anxiety, PDA, MS, something else or none at all. It's for anyone who walks through the door of a church to know that they cared about, are given a voice where they thought they were voiceless, have strategies to help, are given a listening ear, and know they are valued, appreciated and belong.
“The Lord delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love” Psalm 147:11
Whether you're a family, a small church, large church or Mega-church
What you get:
- Results from the worldwide survey as to what the sensory struggles are
- Questionnaire for church to use straight away
- Sensory Audit for the building, environment and services
- Solutions to meet each sensory need
- Modules to watch to raise awareness, and other modules to train specific team members
- Tips for preachers, teachers and leaders
- Strategies for parents, family members and carers to ensure the best church experience
- How to run sessions and services to prevent meltdowns and distracting behaviours
- Poster and social media icons to promote you are a sensory healthy church.
- Registration in Christian Sensory Support for an easy find for people looking for a sensory healthy church.
Donate what you can! (minimum £1)
Your donation, in exchange for the program, will go towards sponsorships enabling people who are struggling with sensory processing issues to access a Sensory Super System for a full year. They would not have the means to access further training, equipping and support without you, so thank you.